3 But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyeswater my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry. 4 And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of their fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and persuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life eternal. -2Nephi 33: 3-4-

Monday, May 11, 2015

-Letter to my Sister-

This week was definitely challenging!
 Full of a lot of emotional ups and downs. On the reservation, the beginning of the month is when everyone has money which makes everyone "not need Jesus at the moment" hahahaha, unfortunately for us. However it was really good at the same time b/c it forced us to expand our visiting pool. We had some really good promptings that we turned into action and were able to see little miracles here and there.

Mother's day was interesting, as a new missionary you never realize just how awkward holidays and special days will be from now on. You feel like you have to intrude into other's homes and you feel so bad. However, luckily our church is full of good, loving, down to earth, people that don't view it as a burden at all. Shout out to those people! They're the real MVP's! HAHAHA!

It was so great to skype with my family, and though no family is perfect, I’m so very grateful for the times we are able to make things work. Special shout out to the best little sister money could buy! (Since she was adopted) lol jk jk

This week I had a wonderful experience with one of the young women in our branch.
 Now I’m the first to fear teenage girls as I have horrible flashbacks of the middle school and freshman year bullying days ahahhaha! Fortunately, the young girls here actually like me apparently, who'd figure?!

As I sat there with this teenager that actually holds a very important pageant title I hesitated at opening up..... but eventually figured eh, I'm here for a reason. Turns out she was not having the easiest time. Turns out the mistakes and stupidities of my past have actually turned into great forms of advice. And it also turns out that I realized how much of a role my family… More specifically my sister has had in my conversion and the growth of my testimony. As I told this Miss "insert pageant title here" and her sister of the lessons I’ve learned I felt my heart swell up for my sister.

We weren't always the best of friends, for most of my teenage and young adult years. One thing I’ve learned however is that change starts with you. It's not until you become completely committed and dedicated to Heavenly Father being your number one that you will see miracles happen. Thanks to this Gospel I saw myself do a 180 and my heart changed...more specifically in reference to my sister. In return I got to witness the process of my sister becoming receptive to the Spirit and evolve in her conversion I saw her change and more importantly her heart change towards me. My sister has turned into one of my best friends, the person that knows how to make me laugh the quickest, the one that gave me so much courage and confidence when others didn't and yes, she's even turned into my mom at times. hahaha! I just love the amount of love and trust that I feel for her. She has been developing Christ like attributes each and every day! Patience! Kindness! Meekness! Love! FAITH! I'm her witness! Though she's not perfect my sister is one of the biggest reasons why I know this Gospel is real!


As I finished saying this to the girls I became embarrassed as I realized that I had streams of tears going down my face, only to look up and see that their eyes were full of tears as well. They told me that it was something they really needed to hear and that I had no idea how glad they were that they came to church that day since they're family is all practically inactive. I shared with them the scripture that really pushed me to go out on my mission. 2 Nephi 33:3. It's not always easy but I know what it feels like to long for you to be able to share the Joy of the Gospel. Lucky for me, Heavenly father answered my prayers.


-------------------------------------------------------------

MESA TEMPLE!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment