3 But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyeswater my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry. 4 And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of their fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and persuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life eternal. -2Nephi 33: 3-4-

Thursday, July 9, 2015

UPDATE!!

Well this past week was such an eventful week!!

Highlights:
- I bore my testimony this week in sacrament as I have the past 5 fast Sunday's...slowly getting better. I'm determined to get rid of my public speaking phobia.

- Josephine got her patriarchal blessing of which we got to witness.

- Josephine got to go to the temple for the first time! It was such a beautiful experience. I got the chance to see my absolute favorite portrait in the entire world located inside the temple. Of two native children resembling a nephrite and a lamanite huddled against Jesus Christ. The love just radiates off of the portrait! It makes everybody cry when they first see it.

- our absolutely amazing investigator and her daughter will be baptized this week. She has swept us off our feet with her dedication and diligence to making a better life for herself. Picture coming soon.

- We started teaching Josephine's youngest daughter who is 19. I often feel like she is too cool for me as I get overly excited to see her. Haha! She is awesome! 

- TRANSFERS HAPPENED!! - I'm still at Fort Apache but am now the Senior companion to a trio. Sis Lopez will be with us for about a week and a half. Then it'll just be me and Sister LAndry!! She is from Seattle Washington and can sing like an angel! Not to mention she's super easygoing and funny!



- we also got another new roommate so it's been fun fitting 5 sisters in a 2 person apartment 😳


- our new roommate is sister Martinez and she is my trainers first trainee(daughter as they say in the mission) and she's Hispanic! It's been so nice to be able to hear Spanish from someone else other than myself for the past 3 months! *tear*

- I'm getting a traditional Apache camp dress this week

- in transfer meeting (100+) people I was asked to give a spiritual thought in front f all the missionaries. Scariest moment ever!

- we had the opportunity to go contacting in Downtown Scottsdale. Met some amazing people including a economics and international development guru from Africa named Luther. He was so kind and gracious and open to our message. He spoke 4 languages!! Including Spanish.... Perfectly!! He loved receiving the Book of Mormon and started reading it right away and was even reading it when we passed him 30 min later! Such a great experience!

I've really been enjoying my time in Fort Apache as I grow more and more attached to the people here. Definitely grown a lot and been more open to all the experiences that have come with the location. As I try to explain to my roommates more and more what to expect here I realize how unique and special this location is. You often feel like you're in a completely different country, but I love every bit of it. Also since I realized how entertaining it is to serve here. Anything you try to explain to new people turns into s laughing attack. Like the bars on our trailer windows and metal bar door.





Things that have changed:
- I understand e gospel a whole lot more than I used to. Everyone should serve a mission! I've been so mindblown!
- I've learned you can be a missionary and not be so uptight but instead let your goofy side show and have fun with it.
- Dairy Queen is my favorite fast food...b/c missionaries eat free
- I don't like to eat as much as I used to
- sleep has become a priority which I fail at miserably every week!
- I've realized everyone is funnier than me ;(
- I enjoy being the quiet one more and more
- I'm kinda shy
- I do not invest nearly as much on my makeup and hair unless it's a special event
- I realized all the things I took for granted like Hispanic people and everything about them, sports, dancing, the movies, friends, and having the gospel so accessible and being in an environment that makes it easier to live by it.
- I don't mind dressing dorky now lol
- I consider myself so uncool now bahahaha! 
- I don't have a favorite food anymore nor do I like to eat a lot anymore. I just can't. Ugh!
- I actually love Herbalife shakes now.
- what are holidays?? 
- I love doing public prayers b/c I get to practice praying

- I actually miss driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment