3 But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyeswater my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry. 4 And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of their fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and persuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life eternal. -2Nephi 33: 3-4-

Monday, August 3, 2015

Bittersweet News!

Daut-eh! (Hola!)

So this week was also very busy and fun! I got to take part in a very
humbling service project. The other eight missionaries and I helped
two of our members who are 70yrs old clear the weeds from their
cornfield which was the size of two football fields!! The weeds were
the size of trees!! Most were over ten feet tall and we had to do it
all by hand. With a fare share of snakes and insects in the field. It
was such a humbling experience and I now have a huge amount of respect
for those that have to do is on the regular!! I mean seriously! Wow!
We only had to do it for 2 hours and I'm still trying to let my
blisters heal!

Next we were an hour away from fort Apache eating at Panda Express on
our grocery shopping day when a lovely couple approached us and
offered to pay for our meal. We were ecstatic of course as most ppl
know how low budget missionaries are.
 As we talked with this young
adorable couple and their beautiful child I learned that he husband
actually served with one of my close friends Johnny Mendoza in
Montreal Canada and that they both
Lived bizarrely parallel lives!!!! For more info on the details of the
parallels you'll have you ask Johnny yourself as I would hate to share
his private info. :).... But I promise....it's crazy!

Next shanias baptism happened and I was able to gift her a necklace
that I had since I was fifteen that held a very special significance
to me. I could not have thought of a more perfect person to gift it
to. :)



we'll get to go with her to the temple for the first time
tomorrow! The entire road leading to her baptism seemed long only b/c
we wanted her to be as comfortable with everything as possible. Which
she was when it came down to it. I can honestly say she has one of the
best and sweetest hearts that I have ever met! She will never realize
how much I learned from her.

Lastly, the shocker news for me. The ppl here (the natives) have
amazing dreams that are just so accurate that it gives you chills! I
heard somewhere that it's one of the gifts of the tribe of Manasseh
which most of me are but I'm not 100% sure if that's true. All I know
is that I have been sooooo blown away by their dreams that almost seem
psychic.

The week of her baptism Shania told me at she kept dreaming
about me. That she was standing in a long hall with a lot of doors and
that I went up to her, gave her a big hug, and left into one of the
rooms with a bright light.she said she tried to follow me but when she
opened the door it was just a Room with other doors. I cried when she
told me this as I got emotional at the thought of leaving her or Fort
Apache in general! After all the relationships and memories I had
built here! 






The next day my mission president informed me that I would
be leaving in two weeks and would be transferred to Poenix,AZ and
would be assigned to a Spanish Ward. I could not think of more
bittersweet news! I'm so sad two leave and knowing two weeks in
advance only makes it harder. However, I'm so excited to feel right at
home with my Hispanics and enjoy those wonderful home cooked meals! I
know it'll have its fare share of challenges like Fort Apache did but
I know all of those will make me more like the person that I want t
be.

I was reading in Mormon 1:15-17. It's about how Mormon having a
perfect knowledge of the Gospel and how it was true. As well as having
a perfect love for it....was forbidden to preach it to his brothers
and sisters. No matter how badly he wanted them to be saved. I could
not imagine how horrible that must be and I realized how lucky I am to
have a voice and a knowledge hat I can share with others. We all do.
It's something so small yet you can have the biggest impact in
somebody's life and their entire posterity.











Love you guys and hope everyone is doing well!!! Make this week count!!

-Hna. Colina J

No comments:

Post a Comment